Saturday, October 4, 2008

Muffins strike again

Pineapple muffins

Ingredients:
50 g of melted margarine
1 banana
about ½ dl of soy yogurt
1 dl of pineapple juice (from the can)
2 dl of spelt flour
3/4 dl of sugar
3/4 dl of desiccated coconut
1 tsp of vanilla sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
½ tsp of salt
1 small can of pineapple cubes

Heat the oven in 225 degrees. Mash the banana, and mix with margarine, yogurt and pineapple juice. Mix separately the dry ingredients, and then combine. Chop almost all the pineapples from the can (or all, if you want to) and leave some for decorating. Whisk the pineapples in and admeasure to muffin tins. Set the rest of the pineapples on them and sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.

I guess it is muffin season now.. ! The pineapple muffins were wonderfully moist, thanks to the fruit. I definitely add pineapple to my favorites from now on.
I made also this, or actually it was supposed to butterscotch-pecan bars, but I didn't have a proper tin for it. And I think that I baked this for too long, it was quite crispy, but edible it still was of course! After all, it hasn't been failure-clear-week!! Here is the link for the recipe: http://havecakewilltravel.com/2008/10/02/a-can-of-whoopmolasses-another-twist-of-the-butterscotch-bar/#more-2439



No comments: