Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pie for consoling injuries


Savory cloudberry-pie

I love this recipe! Before I have made this from lingonberries, but we had some cloudberries in the fridge so I took my advantage of them. I've had a real clumsy day, I injured myself bloodily at work - cut a piece of my little finger with a sharp knife and it bled like the Niagara Falls. We'll see, if it's time for stitches tomorrow. I had to solace myself with something. Let it be sweet.

Ingredients:

100 g of melted margarine

1 dl sugar

2 good tbsp of soy flour mixed with about the same amount of water

2 dl of spelt flour

1 tsp of baking powder

1 tsp of ginger

2 tsp of cinnamon

½ tsp of cardemom

2-3 dl of cloudberries ( or lingonberries )

Heat the oven in 200 degrees. Mix the butter and sugar, add the soyflour-water mixture. Combine separately the dry ingredients, and then stir together. Pour the dough in a small cake tin and the berries on top. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven. At that time make the filling:

½ dl of soy cream

½ dl of muscovado sugar

1 tsp of vanilla sugar

Boil the ingredients up in a kettle, and pour on the cake. Bake for another 15 minutes.



No comments: