Monday, October 6, 2008

Alcohol acquaintances

Irish Coffee
Well, I don't usually drink coffee, and if I do it's non-caffeine. And alcohol is an occasional acquaintance, usually I don't drink at all or then have a few glasses of wine (especially sparkling!), whiskey or rarely some good beer. I don't see any harm in it. But the thing is, I found myself in a bar, and had my first Irish Coffee ever last weekend. It was so good. I love hot drinks anyways, and drink them always in a minute! Can't help it! The funny thing in it was that I was looking at the making of this drink and it seemed a bit desperate. The bar tender was quite, um, chilled. I was a bit horrified how it was going to turn out to, but not is everything what it seems - it looked and tasted awesome, maybe because the glass was quite small, and according to the amount of coffee there was a lot of whiskey... But I know now, how to use the remains of my Jameson-bottle I got last christmas.

This is how to make Irish Coffee:

1, 5 dl of coffee
2 tsp of farine sugar
5 cl of whiskey (any Irish whiskey should do, for example Miller's, Jameson)
Some whipped cream

Measure the sugar in the glass and pour on the hot coffee. Mix, add the whiskey and the whipped cream on top. To make it non-alcoholic leave out the whiskey. (But I can say that it's not even nearly the same!)

No comments: