Thursday, October 23, 2008

Breakfast edition

I have some sad news! I haven't been updating lately, because I accidentally broke my camera. And actually, not even my camera, and the accident was as embarrasing as making it swim in beer. One thing I learned, is not to carry beercans in your bag with a camera.
But I had some photos in my archive. I have been planning on writing about my almost-every-morning-habit, making smoothies ! I've gotten so fixed in it that I can't imagine living without it. I used to eat fruits as breakfast before, but I prefer this as a more exciting option. It requires some making in the morning, and it goes well with me.

Smoothies are really light to eat, and serves if you don't want to eat heavily in the morning. I feel like it's kind of a cleansing-habit every morning, it gives a refreshed and light feeling. But sometimes if I want to eat more firmly, I mix some granola in it, and it keeps hunger away for a longer time.
Really there are no rules and regulations in making smoothies, about any fruits and berries go, and you should just use your imagination. I have just gotten used to almost always using banana - it somehow makes the texture firmer and is quite mild tasting so it goes with almost anything. Also avocado gives a nice texture, I just prefer not using it too much, because it can be too icky. Apples and pears are aƶways safe options. Really the royals in this are berries, especially fresh ones. I love especially the mixture of banana and lingonberries! I recommend kiwi also, I love it's zesty taste. Pineapple, mango, nectarines, strawberries, raspberries, what ever you can find.
I usually put in one smoothie about three fruits, depending on the size of course, it makes about 1 ½-2 glasses (I should get me a taller glass so all would fit in on one time!). And I always keep the fruits in the fridge so they're cold, and it's good to add berries from the freezer. I like to add always couple spoonfuls of soy yogurt for the texture. If you like the texture to be juicier, you could well add some fruit juice or soy milk, as you like.




And then just use your blender and eat right away ( I prefer eating them with a spoon rather than just drinking..). Is there really a better way to start a day?! Enjoy with green tea, mornings news paper and a cat in your lap (not on the table).

No comments: