Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Soup Days

This is how sane she is. Above a capture of our kitchen.
Soups are needed, when I want to eat something not-too-heavy, and still get warmed up. I've made two different variations of a carrot-soup. Funny how the things you disliked as a child... I don't know what it is, but these days I like cooked carrot and vegetable soups. Maybe I'm just too adult. I like pureed soups the best, when they are not too creamy and not made in cow milk. And not tasting boring.
I have no good pictures for the first soup, it was beautifully golden orange.. but it tasted so nice I wanted to put the recipe up. The first soup gives spunk to carrots with coconut milk and ginger, and the other one tastes quite autumnal with lemon juice and honey. I recommend both of these! They equal the color in the leaves of the trees. Both of the recipes are for 1-2 persons.

Coconutty Carrot-Soup
Ingredients: (for 2 person)
3 medium sized carrots
1 tomato
2 dl of coconut milk
1 garlic
2 tsp of grated ginger
2 dl of water
olive oil
sea salt
Saute the ginger and garlic in some olive oil. Add carrots and tomato, chopped finely, plus the coconut milk and water. Let it boil until cooked and puree with a blender. Season with sea salt.

Carrot-lentil soup
Ingredients:
3 carrots
50 g of red lentils
1 garlic
about 4 dl of water with ½ vegetable bouillon
juice of a ½ lemon
1/4 dl of soy cream
1 tsp of honey
pepper
sea salt



Chop the carrots and add to the boiling water with garlic and red lentils. Let it boil for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice, honey and soy cream and let it boil for 5 minutes. Puree with blender. Enjoy with fresh rye bread !

No comments: