Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pancake breakfast


Blueberry pancakes

Pancakes for breakfast is a good tradition! Mom insisted me doing some for this morning. These could be variated in so many different ways, by using different berries or some chopped fruits, and using coconut milk instead of soy milk etc. I've quite advanced in baking pancakes, since the first ones I made last summer became quite poor. I like to sit next to the stove and read something meanwhile the pancakes are frying. Relaxing.
Ingredients:
5 dl of soy- or ricemilk
50 g of melted margarine
Juice of a ½ lemon
4 tbsp of grounded flaxseed mixed with 4 tbsp of water (replacing 2 eggs)
4 ½ dl of spelt flour
½ tsp of salt
2 tsp of baking powder
2-3 dl of blueberries (or whatever berries you have to use)
margarine or oil for frying
Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately, and then add together. Whisk in the blueberries. Heat a pan with some margarine, and when hot, put a spoonful of the dough in. Fry for 2-3 minutes from each side. I prefer adding margarine a little for each pancake. I also like the pancakes not too flat. This made about 12 pancakes with my pan.

No comments: