Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Some tastings

Berry-pie
Last friday I baked some berry-pie. Mainly blueberry, but I mixed in some cloud- and redberries also. It was SO good. And also vegan. I've been feeling quite good leaving out egg in cooking, even though sometimes I get frustrated and throw eggs in when things seem to go against the wall.
Ingredients:
The base : 3 dl of spelt flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of vanilla sugar
½ dl of sugar
50 g of melted margarine
½ dl of syrup
2 dl of water
1 tbsp of vinegar

About 4-5 dl of blueberries and/or other berries
Some sugar

Preheat the oven 175 degrees. Mix the ingredients of the dough and pour into a greased cake tin (mine was quite huge, but if you use smaller a longer baking time in the oven would be good). Set the berries on top and sprinkle some sugar on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.


And then I also made some rice pilaff in the weekend, it consisted some apple, raisins, nuts, onion and indian spices. It was one of "I-had-to-come-up-with-something-and-quickly"-foods. And some salad, I watched Nigella the other day.. (Can't really watch now, because the tv signed itself off. I'm glad) Crispy iceberg lettuce, a bag of frozen peas quickly boiled in water and seasoned with vinegar, salt and fresh mint, and avocados chopped in good slices. And some more mint and sea salt.



No comments: