Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday potatoes

Today I cooked some potatoes, since there were some in the fridge that had to be used. I'm not really a big fan of potato, but it goes every once in a while. I got inspired by the beautiful big oranges on the table - and this turned out actually quite good! There was no olive oil in our kitchen, but would be good to add... I think this would serve well as a condiment to something, but goes fine alone too.



Herb-potatoes



Ingredients:

½ kg of potatoes
Onion
Orange
Dried provencal herbs
Sea salt
Olive oil


Heat the oven in 225 degrees.
So, I peeled and pre-boiled the potatoes for 5-10 minutes. Slice the onion, and half the orange. Squeeze the juize out of the other half and slice the other half to small chunks. Cool the potatos with cold water and cut into nice pieces. Put the potatoes, onion and orange into a casserole and add the orange juice and some olive oil. Spice with the herbs and sea salt. Roast for 40-45 minutes.

No comments: