Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blueberry-pie



Blueberry-pie




So this pie was made from the first blueberries picked this year. I adjusted some recipes I found and this is what I came up with!


Ingredients:


THE PIE


3 ½ dl flour

125 g margarine

1 1/4 dl icing sugar

½ dl lemon juice


Preheat the oven in 175 degrees. Mix the flour, butter and icing sugar in a blender. Add the lemon juice and quickly stir to dough. Roll the dough to a circle and put it in the freezes for 10 minutes.


Now the FILLING


about 500 g blueberries (I used also some strawberries)

1 tl lemon zest

1 ½ - 2 dl soy yogurt (I used vanilla flavored)

½ dl soy flour

½ dl sugar


I used the soy flour instead of 1 egg - I mixed it with couple tablespoons of water. Blend all the ingredients.


Now take the dough out, and trample 3/4 of it on a circular cake tin (I used quite a large one). Put the filling on it, and then add the rest as the crust. I used a heart-shaped gingerbread mote as you can see in the picture, but I think you can use your imagination.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the pie is beautifully golden brown. (If wanted, sprinkle with icing sugar) Very good with vanilla ice cream! I prefered this better when it had cooled properly.


And of course this pie wasn't about perfection - I used some flow making the pie crust... This was a bit of a different version from the blueberry pie we usually make, very good for a change.

No comments: