Monday, September 13, 2010

Rhye-flaxseed rieska

I craved for something warm and I craved for bread. I found an inspiring recipe of a rhye-bread on a flax-seed package, and I used the idea from it. I ended up making these flat breads, which they call "Rieska" in finnish.

Rhye-flaxseed FLATbreads!

3 dl sesameseed (or any other, like oat, coconut) milk
(soaked sesameseeds+few figs, dash of salt & cardamum and blended with water)

1 tsp of baking soda
½ tsp of baking powder
dash of salt
cumin seeds
few tbsp of sugar / syrup
½ dl flax seeds (whole)
about 5 dl rhye flour

Mix all the ingredients except for the flours, add them last. The batter becomes quite thick but sticky. Let the oven heat in 200 degrees. Take small balls of dough and pat them into round flat breads on the baking sheet. Stick with a fork and let bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until slightly brown. Enjoy warm with a splash of olive / coconut oil (or butter), salt, pepper and herbs!

No comments: